What do we encourage?
The Swiss allotment federation aims at stimulating and developing the allotment garden movement in Switzerland.
This aim should be reached by the following means :
- Preferable unification of all allotment gardeners and their organisations.
- Defense of the interests of all the members and their representation with the authorities, judicial and natural persons. – Especially members facing problems for the safeguarding and/or the creation of allotment garden sites should be supported.
- Stimulation of the continuous gardening education of the members in the sections, associations and regions.
- Participation in discussions if there are questions concerning town planning
- Support of protective measures concerning the natural habitats for men, animals and plants.
- Stimulation of a gardening that is respectful of nature.
- Active work for public relations and sensitisation for the allotment garden movement.
- Publication of the federation’s magazine « Gartenfreund/Jardin vivant” and presentation of the federation on Internet.
- Upkeeping of close relations with like minded organisations on national and international level.