What do we encourage?
We promote following ideas for the allotment garden, which we consider as good:
- Persons entitled to establish an allotment are: farmers, an organization of farmers, an organization related to agriculture, city (town, village) authorities or an NPO organization.
- Even, if a person establishing allotment gardens is an incorporated company etc., we consider that their establishment is good, if they do not make high profits while managing the allotment gardens.
- The allotment garden has a users' (gardeners') organisation and a good partnership exists between its representative and the allotment garden owner.
- Although if there is no user organisation on site, an owner can get and establish a users' cooperation.
- A gardener uses his allotment satisfactorily and cooperates in the management of the whole allotment garden site.
- There is a rule concerning the management and the use of the allotment garden.
- The users alternate and they help each other if needed.
- The gardener can use the same allotment for a long period.
- A user cultivates his allotment and grows the crops he desires.
- A user strives to improve the soil where crops grow up.
- A user understands the problem of repeated planting, and so performs a crop rotation.
- A user fully performs weeding-out management in order not to cause problems to the surrounding users.